- Category: Instructors
- Published on Friday, 09 August 2013 04:45
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 1423
Chief Instructor and Founder of Okaigan Dojo
Summary of Qualifications
- Godan (Fifth Degree Black Belt) Shotokan Karate with over twenty eight years of training
- BS Human Performance, San Jose State University, San Jose, California.
- USA-NKF Sandan (Third degree black belt)
- USA-NKF National Kata Referee A
- USA-NKF National Kumite Referee A
- PAN American Kumite Referee A
- PAN American Kata Referee A
- WKF Kata judge A
- WKF Kumite judge B
- Member of the USA-National Karate-Do Federation.
- Member of Cupertino Chamber of Commerce
- Twenty-five years experience teaching karate, self-defense, and safety awareness classes.
- Fremont High School, Sports Medicine Instructor 2009-Present
- Owner of "Sports, Fitness & Karate Inc." Mary Crawford hired the majority of all of the physical education specialists, 4-5th grade, for the Cupertino Union School District Elementary Schools (2004-2008) and the Sunnyvale Elementary Schools, 4th to 5th grade (2001-2005).
- Chief Karate Instructor - Santa Clara Parks and Recreation Department, Santa Clara, California; 1996 to present.
- Chief Karate Instructor - Yes Express; Sunnyvale School District, Sunnyvale, California; 1995 to present.
- Chief Karate Instructor - Cupertino After School Karate Program, Cupertino, California; 1992 to present.
- Instructor - Children's Safety Awareness, Cupertino Parks and Recreation, Cupertino, California; 1995 to 1996.
- Santa Clara Community Center, Santa Clara, California; 1995 to present
- Instructor - Women's Self-Defense and Children's Safety Awareness classes
- Chief Karate Instructor - Okaigan Dojo, Cupertino, California; 1994 to present.
- Instructor - Karate for Kids and Women's Self-Defense classes, DeAnza College Community Services; 1990 to 1994.
- Karate Instructor - Tandem Computers, Cupertino, California; 1989 to 1993.
- Karate Instructor - De Anza and Foothill Community Colleges, Cupertino, California; 1987 to 1994.
BS Human Performance
Bachelors of Science Degree, 1994, San Jose State University, San Jose, California.
- Emphasis - Teaching
- Minor - Health Science
- 1st Aid / Cpr Certified
- Health Care Provider