Chief Instructor and Founder of Okaigan Dojo
Summary of Qualifications
- Godan (Fifth Degree Black Belt) Shotokan Karate with over thirty years of training
- BS Human Performance, San Jose State University, San Jose, California.
- USA-NKF Sandan (Third degree black belt)
- USA-NKF National Kata Referee A
- USA-NKF National Kumite Referee A
- PAN American Kumite Referee A
- PAN American Kata Referee A
- WKF Kata Judge A
- WKF Kumite Referee A
- Member of the USA-National Karate-Do Federation.
- Member of Cupertino Chamber of Commerce
- Over thirty years experience teaching karate, self-defense, and safety awareness classes.
- Fremont High School, Sports Medicine Instructor 2009-Present
- Owner of "Sports, Fitness & Karate Inc." Mary Crawford hired the majority of all of the physical education specialists, 4-5th grade, for the Cupertino Union School District Elementary Schools (2004-2008) and the Sunnyvale Elementary Schools, 4th to 5th grade (2001-2005).
- Chief Karate Instructor - Santa Clara Parks and Recreation Department, Santa Clara, California; 1996 to present.
- Chief Karate Instructor - Safari DeAnza Blvd. Cupertino; 2014 to present.
- Chief Karate Instructor - Yes Express; Sunnyvale School District, Sunnyvale, California; 1995 to 2014.
- Chief Karate Instructor - Cupertino After School Karate Program, Cupertino, California; 1992 to 2014.
- Instructor - Children's Safety Awareness, Cupertino Parks and Recreation, Cupertino, California; 1995 to 1996.
- Santa Clara Community Center, Santa Clara, California; 1995 to present
- Instructor - Women's Self-Defense and Children's Safety Awareness classes
- Chief Karate Instructor - Okaigan Dojo, Cupertino, California; 1994 to present.